Old total: 216.00
new total: 236.00
This weekend at Big Lots DH and I picked up a baby bouncer (usually $45) for $15 and a package of white onesies 4 for $5.00. So total baby spending this weekend $20.00.
New Freebies: 20 Winnie the Pooh Birth Announcements with stickers, 40 Noahs Ark Birth Announcements, Package of 8 stork thank you cards, brand new in box Winnie the Pooh Baby's First Year Baby Album, closetful of maternity clothes from a friend of friend who went out and bought all new maternity clothes and then spent most of her pregnancy on bedrest. I got 5 brand new maternity dress shirts, 2 casual shirts, 2 skirts, 3 cardigans, 2 pairs of khakis, 1 pair of jeans and a pair of very cute jean overalls.
Moral: Make sure everyone knows you accept hand me downs!!!! If you can't use it pass it on...
Also got a great new recipe for very easy and yummy macaroni/ham salad from DSIL this weekend. Trying to collect lots of easy recipes for after baby, as I have a feeling cooking will not be high on my priority list
Archive for February, 2007
Old total: 216.00
previous total: 158.00
1. 38.00 at JCPenney and Sears- from Penney's got to 2 blazers ($5.00 on clearance) for wearing in court (in the Women's Department and they are kind of stretchy as well) from Sears I got the following half off a baby bag (very cute, actually a Monkey bag from the juniors department), 2 sleep sacks (1/2 off) and a combination hat/receiving blanket, crawler (40% off)
2. 20.00 at Walmart, got a package of store brand (white cloud) newborn size diapers, a 3 bottle set on clearance, 2 pacifier set on clearance, a huge package of store brand baby wipes and a teething ring thingy on clearance as well
Recent free items from friends: jogging stroller, activity station, training potty, a whole bunch of clothes (both sexes), a very nice changing mat and a set of brand new care bears photo frame, a transportable small playmat
New Total: $216.00
So I was looking for higher paid jobs and trying to find something this Spring and work a few months before the baby was born and then take two weeks off and return to work. This became way too stressful, so I am deciding to stay put. The benefits are:
1. No need to find a new job while pregnant
2. Don't have to change OB doctors or find a different hospital.
3. I will be able to work part-time in the office/part-time at home starting in July.
4. I can take 3 weeks off and boss hinted he may actually pay me, although he doesn't have to (I work on a contract basis)
5. I can work part-time from home for two months after the baby is born with a few days in court as needed.
I think we will still be able to get the baby fund fully funded prior to July, we'll just have to be a little more frugal until then. But overall it seems a much better solution.
Trying to keep track for myself how much a baby really costs, so here it so far:
1. Pregnancy test $1.00 from dollar store
2. Second pregnancy test required by doctor's office (silly since first one was positive) $10 (copay)
3. Ultrasound $147 (deductible) other $65 was a provider write-off.
to date baby total is: $158
Have not had to purchase any maternity clothes (yeah!) and have stayed away from all stores that would tempt me to go hog wild with cute baby gee-gaws...
I have a good friend who is one week further along then me and she has already spent over $1500, I'm trying to do this frugal so hopefully that figure will take a long time for me to reach!